Monday, April 30, 2012

Finks!!!!

My blog is about all things silly, weird, cars, rods and bikes. It is also about Finks! I have been collecting Ed Roth's models and models kits for quite a few years and I have everyone except the elusive Boss Fink and Tweedy Pie. I love the box art on the kits which is what most of my tattoo's are. When Nathan who tattooed me saw all the box art he started to collect the model kits. Some are very rare and the others have been re made in the 90's. I prefer to collect the older ones for the nostalgic deal and the fact the where made in 1964 but the 90's ones are good to collect and when I have some spare time I like to build them. I will start posting some of my Finks and other Finks from around the globe. The story of how Ed Roth came up with Rat Fink and the other Fink monsters is quite intersting and I will save it for another post.
This is Mr Gasser, he is an original monster from 1964 and this kit he is driving a 57 Chevy. The Danbury mint did a limted run of this model as a collectors item along with Rat Fink "King of the Hemi's". I will be posting more fink monsters in the near future. I am always happy to answer questions please feel free to drop me a line. Cheers Lukefink

No comments:

Post a Comment